Junior P Emily Kennedy (11) pitches the ball during the Aggie softball teams Maroon & White game on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023 at Davis Diamond (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion).
A&M advances to Super Regionals with run-rule victory over Texas State

When Texas State softball senior RHP Jessica Mullins and Texas A&M junior LHP Emiley Kennedy each started Sunday’s Bryan-College Station...

SEC announces start dates, formats for equestrian, swim and dive

Photo by Kaylee Cogbill

Texas A&M senior Darby Gardner comes around to finish up her reigning portion of the meet.

Texas A&M’s equestrian and swimming and diving teams have received some clarity regarding their seasons. The SEC announced new start dates and formats for the sports on Monday.
Men’s and women’s swimming and diving can begin competition on Oct. 1, with the season running until Jan. 25, 2021. Competition will be limited to a dual-meet format unless alternative strategies are identified to limit the overall number of participants and to ensure social distancing guidelines are met. There is no limit on the number of meets an SEC school can compete in.
SEC teams can compete against conference opponents or schools within their geographic region if those institutions are following the SEC’s COVID-19 guidelines.
Equestrian can kick off its season on Oct. 15 and can compete in only three meets prior to the end of the season on Nov. 22. Competition will be limited to SEC teams and schools within A&M’s geographic region that abide by the SEC’s COVID-19 policies.