Second half woes doom A&M in 19-7 loss at LSU

In what was rumored to be LSU head coach Les Miles’ swansong with the program, the Tigers roared in the second half to put Texas A&M away for good by a final score of 19-7.
It was a story of two halves for A&M (8-4, 4-4 SEC), as Kyle Allen and the offense were essentially shut down by the LSU (8-3, 5-3) defense after intermission.
The John Chavis led Aggie defense was strong early on, as they held LSU to a field goal on their opening drive. After a fumble by Christian Kirk on the ensuing kickoff, the defense stood tall once again to force another field goal. LSU was up 6-0 before A&M went out for their second drive of the game.
A&M’s offense struggled to move the ball on their first few drives, as the LSU defense stuck to receivers and made life difficult for the Aggie backfield. That is until Josh Reynolds stepped up.
Allen released a bomb downfield, where Reynolds went over the defenders back to make a nice catch and set A&M up deep in LSU territory. Later in the drive, Allen connected with Ricky Seals-Jones for an eight yard touchdown pass on third and goal to give the Aggies a 7-6 lead in the first quarter.
It was a defensive war in the second quarter, as neither offense could muster anything productive, and missed field goals kept LSU from taking the lead before halftime. At the break, A&M led 7-6. Going into the break, A&M appeared to have control
The second half was all about LSU.
A&M’s offense struggled mightily in the half, and overall looked completely out of sync. Allen found himself taking shot after shot from the vicious LSU defense, and they made his life miserable in the Aggie backfield. He finished the game 11-for-21 with 161 yards, one touchdown and an interception.
After both kickers traded missed field goals, LSU took the game over. Just a short three plays after Bertolet’s miss, LSU’s Derrius Guice bolted 50 yards on a reverse play to the endzone and the Tigers gained the 13-7 lead, which re-energized the Death Valley crowd. 
Things only got uglier, as A&M was constantly disrupted by undisciplined plays that resulted in penalties. For the game, A&M was penalized 11 times for 84 yards.
After putting up 116 yards through the air in the first half, the Aggies only managed to put up 45 yards passing in the second half, and mustered just 108 total yards of offense in the half.
With 10:55 to go in the game, LSU and Leonard Fournette took the game over and ran A&M out of Baton Rouge for good with a final drive that lasted just over eight minutes and resulted in a touchdown, which put the game on ice, as LSU took a 19-7 lead after a failed two-point conversion. He finished the night with 32 carries for 159 yards and one touchdown.
A&M running back Tra Carson put in work on the ground, putting in 19 carries for 69 yards and became the first A&M running back since Cyrus Gray in 2011 to post a 1,000 yard season.
The loss concluded the regular season for A&M, as they finish the year at 8-4 with a 4-4 mark in SEC play. They now await to hear what bowl game they will be participating in this postseason.