Shewmake receives USA National Team tryout invitation

Braden+Shewmake
Photo by File
Braden Shewmake

Texas A&M freshman second baseman Braden Shewmake was invited to try out for a spot on the USA Baseball Collegiate Team this summer, the organization announced Tuesday.
The USA national team is comprised of some of the premier college baseball players from around the country. The team is based in Cary, North Carolina and will compete in its first tournament from June 20-25.
Shewmake has already established himself as one of the best all-around players in the SEC. The two-time SEC Freshman of the Week is hitting .351 with nine home runs, 61 RBI and 11 stolen bases. His RBI total ranks second in the SEC and his 78 hits are 14th-most in the NCAA.
Several Aggies before Shewmake have played on Team USA’s summer team, most recently the summer of 2015 when Nick Banks and Ryan Hendrix played and A&M head coach Rob Childress served as one of the squad’s assistant coaches.
After dropping two-of-three games last weekend against Ole Miss, the Aggies will return to the diamond Tuesday for a midweek contest against Sam Houston State at Olsen Field.