Rudder Association members advocated to remove gender-affirming care from A&M
Members of TRA worked as part of push to stop practice on campus
Fans chant “ball five” during Texas A&M’s game against Oregon at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Super Regional at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 9, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
A&M baseball expected to hire Washington’s Jason Kelly as pitching coach
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 30, 2024

Texas A&M’s baseball coaching staff is beginning to take shape after Sunday, June 30’s hiring of Michael Earley as head coach. The Aggies...

The Gladiators and other participants run off at the starting line to compete in the Red Bull Can You Make It? Challenge.
The long march of the Gladiators

Weston Cadena — blissfully unaware of the irate staff inside of the skyscraper in Bratislava, Slovakia, that he has made his playground —...

Sixth inning comeback lifts Alabama over A&M

The Texas A&M softball team held the lead for five innings, but a six-run sixth inning from the Alabama Crimson Tide sealed the 8-5 comeback win on Saturday.

The No. 23 Aggies (24-9, 6-5 SEC) started the day with a newfound enthusiasm when senior Brittany Clopton got the game started with a single right up the middle. Freshman Tori Vidales smashed a screamer down the left field line to bring in the speedy Clopton. Two more RBIs from Ashley Walters and Cali Lanphear put the Aggies ahead 3-0 before the Tide came up to swing the bat.

The No. 5 Crimson Tide (25-7, 8-3 SEC) began to turn the game around after a pitching change to Sydney Littlejohn, who earned the win with 5.1 innings pitched and two runs allowed. The big sixth inning was started by a Marisa Runyon home run that scored two, while a pair of hits and a bases-loaded walk after a dropped foul ball ultimately gave the Tide the lead and the victory.
The series finale is set for 1:30 p.m. Sunday.