Soccer advances to SEC Tournament championship game, following 2-1 victory over Florida

Insert cutline here.

The second-seeded No. 14 Texas A&M Aggie soccer team took on third-seeded No. 17 Florida Gators on Thursday in the second round of the SEC Tournament. The Aggies came out with the in 2-1 in extra time to advance to the SEC Championship game.
With the win, the Aggies improve to 16-2-1, while Florida is eliminated from the tournament and drops to 14-6 on the year.
Florida started the scoring in the 30th minute when junior Sarah Troccoli put one past Aggie keeper Cosette Morche for her third goal of the season. The Aggies attempted to answer in the first half with two shots and two corners the rest of the first half, but couldn’t answer.
A&M ended up answering in the second half when freshman Rheagan Smith netted her first goal of the year in the 69th minute to tie it up at 1.
Both teams attempted to take the lead before the end of regulation, but neither was able to do so as the game went to overtime. Both teams attempted to win the game in overtime, but A&M advantage of a Florida mistake and grabbed the victory in the 97th minute on a Florida self-goal.
Florida finished with seven shots, one on goal, five corners, and four saves, while A&M finished with 12 shots, six on goal, four corners, and no saves.
The Aggies will take on 8th seeded Arkansas in the championship match on Sunday. Kickoff is scheduled for 2 p.m.