Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Szeryk finishes T-14th at NCAA Championship, named First-Team All-American

Photo by Provided by Aggie Athletics
Women’s golf wins SEC Championship

Junior Maddie Szeryk was the only Aggie to make the trip to Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove, Ill. to compete in the NCAA Women’s National Championship. The three-time All-SEC selection ended the tournament in a tie for 14th place at 9-over par (225) last Monday.
Szeryk played some steady golf, shooting three consecutive rounds in the mid 70s. On day one, the junior battled through the cold and rain to card a 4-over par 76 and ended the day in a tie for 13th. A score of 74 on day two allowed her to jump into the top ten, but a 75 during the third round landed her in a tie for 14th by the end of the tournament. Szeryk was tied for fifth in total birdies for the week, holing nine.
On Tuesday, Szeryk was named a First Team All-American by the WGCA, an award she can add to her Second Team All-American selection in 2015. She is only the fifth Aggie in school history to be a two-time All-American selection.
Szeryk had one of the more impressive seasons of any golfer in Texas A&M school history. With her final competitive round in the books, Szeryk ended her 2016-2017 season with a stroke average of 71.24, a new single-season record. She finished in the top 10 in nine of her twelve events, including six top five finishes.