Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Texas A&M athletics nominated for three ESPYs

Photo by Meredith Seaver

Sophomore wide receiver Kendrick Rogers reaches to complete a pass in the end zone. Although there was a flag for pass interference, he was able to make the catch.

ESPN announced Texas A&M has been nominated for three ESPYs on Wednesday, including awards for Best Game, Best Play and Best Sports Viral Moment.
A&M football’s 74-72 win against Louisiana State University was nominated for Best Game. The Aggies topped LSU in a seven overtime game during their regular season finale at Kyle Field on Nov. 24. The game became the highest scoring game in FBS history. Other nominations in this category include Los Angeles Rams’ 51-54 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday Night Football and Notre Dame against University of Connecticut in the Final Four.
Track and Field junior, Infinite Tucker secured two nominations for the Aggies.
Tucker was nominated for Best Play and Best Sports Viral Moment, for his dive to the finish line in the 400 meter hurdles at the SEC Championships to take first place. Tucker will face 16 other Best Plays for the coveted ESPY, and will face three others for Best Sports Viral Moment.
The ESPYs will be held July 10 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, CA. The event will be broadcasted on ESPN and is set to start at 8 p.m. Central.