The Editor-in-Chiefs of The Aggieland Yearbook, The Battalion, and Maroon Life magazine pose for a photo in The Battalion office studio on Wednesday, May 1, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
The ‘Write’ stuff: A&M Student Media announces 2024-25 leadership
Meet the new editors of The Battalion, Aggieland Yearbook, Maroon Life magazine
Ana Renfroe, Head News Editor • May 4, 2024
Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) hits the ball during Texas A&M’s game against Rice at Olsen Field on Tuesday, May 7, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
A&M finishes undefeated in nonconference play with 16-3 win over Rice

For the first time since 2015, Texas A&M baseball finished its nonconference slate undefeated with a 16-3, run-rule win over Rice on Tuesday,...

Texas A&M builds momentum with 62-48 thrashing

By Morgan Engel

Junior guard Shlonte Allen scored four points in the Aggies’ victory against Ole Miss.

After playing a grueling seven straight games against ranked opponents, the No. 12 Texas A&M women’s basketball team finally got some room to breathe Monday against Ole Miss.

The Aggies (18-7, 8-4) took full advantage, suffocating the Rebels (10-15, 2-10) by a score of 62-48 in Oxford, Mississippi. With the win, A&M has now won three games in a row and moves into a tie for second place in the SEC.

Senior forward Courtney Williams recorded her first double-double of the season to lead the way for the Aggies with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Guards Courtney Walker and Chelsea Jennings also scored in double figures with 11 and 10 points, respectively. Freshman forward Anriel Howard grabbed 11 rebounds, marking the second time in three games that the freshman has surpassed 10 boards.

Williams’ scoring output against Ole Miss moved her into ninth place on Texas A&M’s career scoring list.

Center Khaalia Hillsman scored eight points and amassed a career-high five blocks in the contest.

The team thought senior point guard Jordan Jones might be able to play after going through concussion protocol, but she sat out her second consecutive game. Junior guard Curtyce Knox played well in her absence once again, dishing out five assists to go along with four points and six rebounds. Knox has now recorded at least five assists in all three of her starts this season.

A&M displayed its dominance from the opening tip, rushing out to an 11-2 lead in the first five minutes of the game. They took an 11-point lead into halftime and continued to stretch the lead in the second half.

The Aggies come home to Reed Arena Thursday to host LSU in the annual BTHO Breast Cancer game. Tip-off is slated for 8 p.m., and the game will be broadcast on the SEC Network.