Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) shoots the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at Reed Arena.(Ishka Samant/The Battalion)
Projected Top 5 picks of the 2024 NBA Draft
Roman Arteaga, Sports Writer • June 25, 2024

In the 2024 NBA draft, there is an incredible amount of talent available for teams to pick. We have players from college basketball, G-League...

Texas A&M soccer puts perfect record on the line this weekend at Ellis

Sophomore midfielder Addie McCain had three shots and one shot on goal against the Broncos.

The Aggie soccer team will host two games this weekend at Ellis Field. The first game against Colorado College at 8 p.m. on Friday, with the second game taking place on Sunday against William-Mary at 6 p.m.
This is the third straight weekend the Aggies will host two different teams on a Friday and Sunday. The Aggies come into this weekend with a 6-0 record.
The Aggies look to continue their success by following the example of junior midfielder Grace Piper’s incredible performance against Oklahoma. Piper was selected to TopDrawerSoccer.com national team of the week for her two goals and assist against the Sooners.
A&M head coach G. Guerreri felt extremely proud of Piper’s scoring, attributing the success to her dedication to the team.
“It is great because no one works harder than she does,” Guerreri said. “She is very coachable and it is great to see kids score. It is great to see the joy in their celebration after the goal.”
The team will also look to junior forward Ally Watt, A&M’s leading scorer with six total goals this season. Watt is the first Aggie to score in five straight games since former A&M forward, Ashlee Pistorious in 2007. She accomplished this after the Aggies blew out No. 9 Santa Clara 4-0.
Guerreri credited Watt’s two-score performance against Loyola Marymount to her top-level talent and will to win.
“The first goal was a first class individual effort by Ally Watt,” Guerreri said. “Anytime Ally has the ball within 10 yards she has a chance to score.”
Piper said even though Watt has the lead scoring role, the team’s success can be attributed to the team’s unity.
“We definitely looked at Ally Watt for goals, and that is her job as a forward,” Piper said. “But as a team we really just want to spread the scoring around and get as many people involved as possible. That just shows the character of our team, we are not just about one person. We don’t rely on one person. We have a lot of leaders on this team, and a lot of people have to step up for us to be successful in the future.”
This is the first time since 1999 that the Aggies have started 6-0. Both of the Aggies’ opponents come into the weekend with a loss each. The Aggies look to take advantage and reach a 8-0 record, just a step closer to having the best start of history at 10-0.
A&M may get a chance to make history next weekend when they face LSU on Sept. 14 at 8 p.m. and Kansas on Sept. 16 at 6 p.m. Both of games will be at Ellis Field in College Station.