Texas A&M to face Virginia in ACC/SEC Challenge

Photo by Ishika Samant

Junior F Henry Coleman (15) tries to shoot a basket during a game vs. Alabama on March 12, 2023 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Tennessee.

In the newly formed ACC/SEC Challenge, Texas A&M men’s basketball will go on the road to John Paul Jones Arena to take on the Virginia Cavaliers.

The Aggies and Cavaliers have only played each other once before, a 60-59 A&M victory in Jonesboro, Arkansas in 1962.

Virginia, who won a national title in 2019, is coming off of a first-round exit in the 2023 NCAA Tournament, being upset by the 14 seed Furman Paladins.

The road matchup will mark a long week for the Aggies, as the Wednesday, Nov. 29 game comes just a few days after A&M plays in the ESPN Sports Invitational in Kissimmee, Florida on Nov. 23-26.

In a homecoming, junior forward Henry Coleman, a Richmond, Virginia native, as the Aggies will travel to his home state for the first time since he joined the Aggies in 2021.

Other key matchups in the challenge include Miami at Kentucky, Duke at Arkansas and Tennessee at North Carolina.