Three men’s basketball players suspended prior to tip-off

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Junior forward DJ Hogg was 50 percent from 3-point range.

Under an hour before tip-off against Buffalo, Texas A&M announced the suspensions of D.J. Hogg, J.J. Caldwell and T.J. Starks for a violation of school policy.
Hogg will miss three games, while Caldwell and Starks will only be out against the Bulls.
It is the second time this season Hogg and Caldwell have received suspensions. Hogg missed an exhibition game against Tarleton State. Caldwell was suspended for five games in September. Both of their previous suspensions were due to violations of school policies.
Starks will miss his second-straight game after sitting in A&M’s tight 64-58 win over Northern Kentucky on Tuesday due to leg tightness.
Hogg leads the team in scoring, averaging 14.6 points per game. Caldwell and Starks have been valuable bench players.
The suspensions will make the Aggies down four players as guard Admon Gilder is still out with a knee injury.
Good news for the Aggies is star forward Robert Williams will return to action tonight after missing the past two games due to concussion symptoms. Freshman center Isiah Jasey will also be available again tonight after sitting the past two games with concussion symptoms as well.
A&M and Buffalo are set to tip-off at 8 p.m.