Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

Thursday baseball game against Mississippi State postponed, double-header slated for Friday

Photo by Photo by Annie Lui

Over 4,400 fans attended the 3-hour game.

Texas A&M baseball’s series opener Thursday night against No. 6 Mississippi State has been postponed due to weather.
The No. 14 Aggies and Bulldogs will now have a double-header Friday beginning at 4 p.m. Both games will be 9 innings.
The three-game series was originally slated to begin Thursday at 6 p.m., but heavy rains from the west came in around first pitch, as the game never began. The field was tarped around 30 minutes prior to first pitch before the rains came.
Although the rain is likely to clear Thursday, coaches met to examine the field around 8:30 p.m. before deciding to cancel Thursday’s game and create Friday’s double-header.
Friday’s games will begin at 4 p.m. with game two beginning approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of game one.