Top defensive tackle prospect commits to A&M

Photo by Photo by Robert O’Brien

The 12th Man on the second deck of Kyle Field singing the Spirit of Aggieland.

On Saturday, the Aggies received some good news just ahead of kickoff against No. 12 Auburn.
Walter Nolen, the No. 2 overall prospect and top defensive tackle in the 2022 recruiting class, committed to Texas A&M. The native of Powell, Tenn. had A&M among his final three schools, along with Tennessee and Georgia.
The 5-star recruit announced his commitment on Saturday via Twitter, just ahead of the Aggies’ meeting with SEC West rival Auburn. 
According 247sports.com, Nolen will be the highest-rated recruit in A&M football history, just above former star defensive end Myles Garrett.
Nolen stands at 6-foot-4 and weighs 325 pounds. He played football in Olive Branch, Miss. until his junior season, when he transferred to Powell in 2020. 
According to 247sports.com, the Aggies boast the No. 8 recruiting class in the country and the No. 3 class in the SEC, behind just Georgia and Alabama. Nolen is the second 5-star recruit to commit to A&M, after only Conner Weigman, a Cypress quarterback who announced his commitment on Feb. 4.