Junior P Emily Kennedy (11) pitches the ball during the Aggie softball teams Maroon & White game on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023 at Davis Diamond (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion).
A&M advances to Super Regionals with run-rule victory over Texas State

When Texas State softball senior RHP Jessica Mullins and Texas A&M junior LHP Emiley Kennedy each started Sunday’s Bryan-College Station...

Twelve A&M swimming, diving athletes earn SEC honors

Photo by Kaylee Cogbill

After closing out a successful 2020-2021 season, members of the Texas A&M swimming and diving team received a series of recognitions. 

After setting 18 program records during the 2020-2021 season, Texas A&M junior Shaine Casas became the first swimmer in program history to earn SEC Male Swimmer of the Year honors, the conference announced on Wednesday, April 14.
Casas was one of 12 swimmers and divers who earned recognition from the conference on Wednesday.
Senior diver Charlye Campbell was named Female Diver of the Year and also earned All-SEC First Team honors.
Including Casas, five members of the men’s team earned spots on the All-SEC First Team: junior Clayton Bobo, junior Kaloyan Bratanov, junior diver Kurtis Mathews and senior Mark Theall.
Freshman Chloe Stepanek was named to the All-SEC Second Team and All-Freshman Team lists.
Also earning spots on the All-SEC Second Team were women’s swimmers senior Taylor Pike, junior Aimee Wilson and men’s swimmers sophomore Jace Brown and senior Tanner Olson.
Diving coach Jay Lerew was named Women’s Diving Coach of the Year.
The women’s team ended the 2020-2021 season with a 14th place finish at the NCAA Championships, while the men’s team finished 10th.