Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Tyrece Radford arrested Friday for evading arrest following traffic incident

Photo by Ishika Samant
Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) looks to pass the ball during Texas A&M’s game against Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at Reed Arena.(Ishka Samant/The Battalion)

Texas A&M men’s basketball graduate guard Tyrece “Boots” Radford was arrested on Friday, Feb. 2 by College Station Police for a traffic incident that took place in December of 2023. He was charged with evading arrest.

According to police reports, Radford, 24, was seen by a Northgate bicycle officer on Dec. 3, 2023, driving past a stop sign without stopping. The officer turned his lights on and approached Radford’s Dodge Durango before it drove away. According to the Houston Chronicle, officers reportedly “detected the strong odor of marijuana emitting from the vehicle.”

As Radford drove off, police reported he drove past another stop sign while almost hitting a vehicle. Officers eventually stopped Radford, who told them he was not driving the vehicle and was released.

Social media content and camera footage was ultimately tied back to Radford, leading to his arrest. He is currently being held on an $8,000 bail.

Radford is second on the team in averaging 13 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.3 assists over 15 games. He was named to the All-SEC Second Team last season. It’s the Baton Rouge, Louisiana native’s third season in the A&M program.

Update: Per a statement from his attorney, Cameron Reynolds, Radford plans to plead not guilty to the charges.

“Tyrese [sic] is a very good basketball player but he is an even better person and we do plan to plead not guilty and fight these charges,” Reynolds’ statement reads. “Tyrece is presumed innocent and we plan to fight these charges and look forward to clearing his good name.”