Volleyball travels to face top-ranked Florida

The Aggie Volleyball Team sings The War Hymn after a three set victory against the VCU.

After dropping four straight games, the Texas A&M volleyball team got back in the win column last Friday with a sweep of Georgia. The Aggies (4-6, 1-2 SEC) will take on top-ranked Florida Gators on Wednesday.
The team hit a season-high .379 in their rout of the Bulldogs, taking the match in three sets (25-22, 25-14, 25-18). Senior outside hitter Kiara McGee led the Aggies with a match-high 13 kills and boasted a .333 hitting percentage.
The Aggies face a tough challenge in Southeastern Conference opponent Florida, who is currently the only undefeated team in the nation at 11-0 after their sweep of LSU on Sunday. The Gators had a season-low nine hitting errors in the game and have held 10 of their first 11 opponents under a .185 hitting percentage.
Florida’s senior outside hitters Shainah Joseph and Carli Snyder were dominant for the Gators in their last game. Joseph had five kills, no errors over 10 attacks and hit .500, marking the fifth time she has hit over .425 on at least nine attacks this year. Snyder accounted for 19.5 of the team’s 76 total points and added 16 kills with just three errors on 33 attacks, a .394 hitting percentage, eight digs, a solo block, a block assist and two service aces.
Gators’ outside hitter Paige Hammons was named SEC Freshman of the Week for her impressive stat-lines against both Tennessee and LSU, totaling 14 kills, 15 digs and three blocks across the two games.
Sophomore outside hitter Hollann Hans posted double-figure kills for her fourth consecutive match with 12 against the Bulldogs. The Corpus Christi native also hit a season-best and match-high .435, adding 15 points and two aces. Hans earned SEC Player of the Week and Offensive Player of the Week honors for the first time in her career.
Camille Conner also took home accolades following the win and was named Co-SEC Setter of the Week. Conner, who shared the honor with Kentucky’s Madison Lilley, hit .400 while also notching 35 assists, three kills, two digs and one block for the Aggies.
The Texas A&M-Florida showdown will tip off at 6 p.m. from the Stephen C. O’Connell Center. The game will be broadcast on ESPNU.