A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Wade Taylor IV earns SEC preseason Player of the Year award

Photo by Kaili Gaston

Sophomore G Wade Taylor IV (4) looks for an open shot against Georgia during the Texas A&M’s game at Reed Arena on Saturday, Feb. 04, 2023.

Following a successful sophomore campaign, junior guard Wade Taylor IV has been named as the SEC preseason Player of the Year, a first in program history.

The guard also garnered a preseason First-Team All-SEC selection, the team’s first since Robert Williams in 2017-18.

Last season, Taylor IV blossomed into one the best guards the SEC has to offer, leading the conference in free throw percentage, free throws made and free throws attempted. 

The do-it-all player for A&M, his 16.5 points per game ranked was the third best in the conference, as he was also ranked fourth in assists and fifth in steals. 

Taylor also joined two other DI players in having 500+ points, 125+ assists and 50+ steals while making 85% or better from the charity stripe. 

Leading the Aggies in points and assists last season, Taylor IV was a consensus First-Team All-SEC selection and rallied the Maroon and White to a 25-10 record, including beating then-No.2 Alabama. 

His play and leadership was a big reason why the Aggies jumped up to a preseason ranking of No. 15, the program’s first since 2017.