Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Wade Taylor IV named to Bob Cousy Award watch list

Photo by Robert O’Brien

Sophomore G Wade Taylor IV (4) steps onto the court before the start of Texas A&M’s game against ACU at Reed Arena on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022.

The preseason accolades continue to roll in for Texas A&M men’s basketball, as on Monday, Oct. 23, junior point guard Wade Taylor IV was named to the Bob Cousy Award watch list.
The award — named after Bob Cousy, who was an All-American for Holy Cross in the 1940-50s — is given to the best point guard in college basketball each year.
“The point guards that have been named to the 2024 Bob Cousy Award Watch List truly embody the skills and characteristics that made Bob Cousy the ‘Houdini of the Hardwood,’” said John L. Doleva, President and CEO of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. “We look forward to watching their leadership and playmaking abilities take center stage and working alongside Bob Cousy and the selection committee to narrow down the watch list throughout the season.”
The Aggies have only had one Cousy Award winner since the award’s inception in 2004, that being Acie Law IV in 2006-07.
Taylor, the preseason SEC Player of the Year, helped lead the Aggies to a 25-10 record last season, making the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2018.
Other preseason Cousy Award watch list players include Texas’ Max Abmas, Marquette’s Tyler Kolek, Houston’s Jamal Shead and Tennessee’s Zakai Zielger, among others.