Wade Taylor IV named to Bob Cousy Award watch list

Photo by Robert O’Brien

Sophomore G Wade Taylor IV (4) steps onto the court before the start of Texas A&M’s game against ACU at Reed Arena on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022.

The preseason accolades continue to roll in for Texas A&M men’s basketball, as on Monday, Oct. 23, junior point guard Wade Taylor IV was named to the Bob Cousy Award watch list.
The award — named after Bob Cousy, who was an All-American for Holy Cross in the 1940-50s — is given to the best point guard in college basketball each year.
“The point guards that have been named to the 2024 Bob Cousy Award Watch List truly embody the skills and characteristics that made Bob Cousy the ‘Houdini of the Hardwood,’” said John L. Doleva, President and CEO of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. “We look forward to watching their leadership and playmaking abilities take center stage and working alongside Bob Cousy and the selection committee to narrow down the watch list throughout the season.”
The Aggies have only had one Cousy Award winner since the award’s inception in 2004, that being Acie Law IV in 2006-07.
Taylor, the preseason SEC Player of the Year, helped lead the Aggies to a 25-10 record last season, making the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2018.
Other preseason Cousy Award watch list players include Texas’ Max Abmas, Marquette’s Tyler Kolek, Houston’s Jamal Shead and Tennessee’s Zakai Zielger, among others.