Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Women’s golf wins the Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational by fifteen shots

Photo by Provided by Aggie Athletics
Women’s golf wins SEC Championship

No. 19 Texas A&M Women’s Golf spent the week in Hawaii competing in the Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational. The Aggies topped the leaderboard for a second straight year, finishing fifteen shots ahead of a strong field which included four of the top twenty-five teams in the country. Texas A&M ended the tournament with a final score of 5-under par.

“It is very hard to win a college golf tournament,” head coach Trelle McCombs told 12thman.com. “I am so proud of our team, and am excited that their hard work has paid off in the form of a tournament victory.”

It was junior standout Maddie Szeryk who impressed this week, firing under par in all three rounds and became the third consecutive Aggie to win this tournament. Her five-under par first round set the tone for her week, never looking back and winning the tournament by four shots with a final score of 9-under par. Szeryk also led in both par 4 and par 5 scoring, and was one of only five players to record an eagle this week.  

It was also a strong week for freshman Courtney Dow, who jumped up to a solo 6th place finish with a 3-under par final round. The freshman was near the top in both par 4 and par 5 scoring, illustrating her consistent play throughout the week.

Senior Bianca Fabrizio’s tournament was highlighted by a second round 3-under par score, setting her up to finish the week in a tie for 23rd. Fabrizio holed eleven birdies for the week, tied for third most with teammates Szeryk and Dow.

Senior Andrea Jonama had a steady week, finishing in a tie for 40th with a final score of 9-over par. Defending champion Thanya Pattamakijsakul started her tournament in a strong way, carding an even par 72. However, a final round score of 79 dropped her into a tie for 43rd by the end of competition.

Chloe Velasco and Begoña Aranguren were brought to compete as individuals, finishing in a tie for 43rd and 87th respectively.
After their best team finish of the season, the Aggies’ next outing will take them to Sunset, South Carolina where they will compete in the Clemson Invitational on March 31.