Women’s last round of golf in the fall concludes with 11th place finish

The Alamo Invitational held this past weekend at the Briggs Ranch Golf Club was nothing short of a battle for the No. 11 Texas A&M women’s golf team, who finished the tournament in 11th place. The Aggies were one of fifteen teams participating in the Invitational, eight of which were from the state of Texas.

Beginning Friday, Aggie sophomore Maddie Szeryk and junior Bianca Fabrizio led the field for the women after the first round, shooting three-over 75 and tying for 22nd overall.

Monday presented more challenges for the Aggies, who found themselves in 13th place and 28 shots behind the tournament leading Florida Gators, who were had an overall score of 607.

Junior Andrea Jonama and Szeryk were standouts for the A&M team, tying for 31st overall. Juniors Fabrizio and Thanya Pattamakijsakul followed tying for 43rd and 57th, respectively.

On the final day of the round, the Aggies climbed up the rankings and earned an 11th place finish. S Szeryk led the Aggies once again, finishing tied for 23rd overall. Fabrizio ended the tournament tied at No. 33 alongside fellow Aggie Andrea Jonama. Junior Callie Scheffler placed 73rd for the Aggies.
This was the final event for the A&M women’s golf season. The first event for the Aggies spring campaign will be Feb. 12-14 at the Florida State Match-Up, in which junior Bianca Fabrizio will look to defend her individual title.