Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Women’s swim and dive team heads to Longhorn Long Course Invite

Photo by Photo by C. Morgan Engel

Junior Claire Rasmus during the women’s 500-yard freestyle at the 2018 SEC Swimming & Diving Championships.

The No. 8 Texas A&M women’s swimming team traveled to Austin on Thursday for a three-day meet at the Longhorn Long Course Invite, hosted by the University of Texas.
The Aggies are on a three-meet win streak going into the invite, maintaining a 5-1 overall season record and a 1-0 record in conference play.
A total of 30 A&M swimmers are participating in the invitational, which starts on Thursday and ends on Saturday at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
Four former A&M swimmers will also be at the meet, all graduates who are now competing through a recreational program.
Bethany Galat, Sarah Gibson and Esther Gonzalez Medina are all participating with the Aggie Swim Club, while Beryl Gastaldello is swimming with Una Ags.
Various other schools and swim clubs are participating, including the University of Texas, Nitro Swimming, the University of Denver Hill, Badger Swim Club, Scottsdale Aquatic Club, Huntsville Swim Association, Longhorn Aquatics, Santa Clara Swim Club, Germantown Academy, Great Wolf Swim Team and Katy Aquatic Team.
The preliminary round of events started at 9 a.m. on Thursday, with finals beginning at 5:30 p.m. The schedule will be the same for Friday and Saturday’s events, but the Aggies will return to College Station on Saturday to participate in a dual meet with Louisiana State University at 11 a.m. in the Rec Center Natatorium.