Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Women’s tennis closes out fall season at Rebel Invite

Photo by Courtesy of Texas A&M Athletics

Freshman Dorthea Faa-Hviding and her doubles partner sophomore Margo Taylor went 3-0 in doubles play on Friday at the Haunted Horned Frog Classic.

In their last tournament of the fall season, the Texas A&M women’s tennis team were defeated in the championship matches of both the No. 1 singles flight and the No. 1 doubles flight, and won the No. 3 singles consolation match at the Rebel Invitational hosted by UNLV.
“The fall season comes and goes very quickly and we have a group that is learning, working hard and preparing well for our spring season,” head coach Mark Weaver said to 12thman.com. “We are all on a mission to continue to improve and ready ourselves for when January comes around.”
Senior Macrena Olivares fell to Aiwen Zhu of UNLV 6-3, 6-4 after reaching the championship match of the No. 1 singles draw.
Sophomore Domenica Gonzalez and junior Eva Paalma reached the finals of the No. 1 doubles draw, but fell to Zhu and En Pei Huang 8-1 to take second place.
Several freshmen players had a strong finish to the fall season. Riley McQuaid won the No. 3 consolation match over UNLV’s Samantha Li 6-0, 6-2.
Fellow freshmen Dorthea Faa-Hviding finished third in the No. 2 singles draw, defeating UNLV’s Anna Bogoslavets 6-3, 6-3, while Iulia Ivascu took down Celina Buhr of Grand Canyon 6-4, 6-4 to finish seventh in the No. 2 singles draw.
“It was nice to see our three freshmen who competed here in Vegas, go 3-0 in singles on the last day,” Weaver added to his comments to 12thman.com. “Macarena also had a very good tournament and has improved a lot since last season to have a very good performance this fall.”
The Aggies will not be back in action until Jan. 6-8 when they will compete in the Hawaii Invitational in Honolulu.