The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite...

Association of Former Students sees largest ring order in A&M history

Ring+Day
File
Ring Day

More Aggie Rings will be awarded to students April 8 than any other day in Texas A&M’s history, as another record-setting ring order smashed the previous number by at least several hundred. 

The Association of Former Students has processed 5,900 Aggie ring orders as of Monday, said Kathryn Greenwade, vice president of the Association of Former Students. Greenwade said the previous record — 5,436 rings ordered for the April 2015 Aggie Ring Day — has already been broken, and the Association is still processing orders. 

“We anticipate 30,000 to 35,000 will visit us for Ring Day, including ring recipients, their families and friends and volunteers,” Greenwade said. 

The Association of Former Students has held Aggie Ring Day every year since April 2000 as a way to celebrate the day a student first wears their piece of A&M gold. The 2015-2016 academic year held two Ring Days in the fall, with the third — and largest — Ring Day to be held April 8. 

Greenwade said the Association will plan accordingly to accommodate the sizeable crowds that Ring Day draws, especially with this Ring Day’s record order. 

“As we finalize our plans for our April Ring Day we anticipate we will have a longer delivery period than our September and November deliveries,” Greenwade said.