Beyond Beer: Aggies weigh in on alternative ring dunks

Ring+Dunking
Allison Bradshaw
Ring Dunking

THE BATTALION asked students about alternative methods they took to dunk their Aggie Rings. Here’s what some students did instead of downing a pitcher of beer.

CAKE:

RACHEL POTTER Health Senior: We just wanted something fun and different but that would still be kind of messy and entertaining for people to watch, so we decided to do cake with the icing off — plus Kendall is a baker so she makes really good cakes.

COFFEE:

RYAN TRANTHAM Biomedical Sciences Senior: I dunked my ring in black coffee. I’m not a beer drinker and that is the traditional drink of choice I guess.

MILK:

TYLER BUFFINGTON Mechanical Engineering Senior: I did my ring dunk in skim milk. I really like cookies and milk so I figured the best approach would be to eat some cookies and wait a little bit until I really want milk bad, then chug a pitcher of it and I finished in like a minute and 12 seconds.

MEXICAN COKE:

GARRETT GOBLE Computer Engineering Senior: I did my ring dunk in Mexican Coke, which is coke that is bottled from Mexico and it uses cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

KENDALL WOLKENSTEIN Biomedical Sciences Senior: I run an entrepreneurial cake business so I baked some cakes for us and they are going to be six inches around, and then we are going to decorate them all cute and hide [the rings] in each other’s so that we don’t really know where they are and then have to find them with our hands tied behind our backs.