Senior INF Rylen Wiggins (2) high fives Senior INF Trinity Cannon (6) before Texas A&Ms game against UTSA on Feb. 25, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Storm the Beach
Storm the Beach

Silver Taps: Dylan Kanoa Miyamoto

Dylan Miyamoto Silver Taps
Photo courtesy of the Miyamoto family
Dylan Miyamoto Silver Taps

October 11, 2000 — September 27, 2023

Personable, quick to smile, smart as a tack and forever missed from his family’s lives.
Though born in California, Dylan was raised in Maple Valley, Washington before moving to Kaneohe, Hawai’i during high school. Dylan always did well in school while balancing his love for the outdoors.
Dylan’s family said he was always adventurous. He would often partake in biking, hiking, climbing, skiing and even parkour.
When it came time for Dylan to go to college, he applied only to Texas A&M. His family said Dylan was excited to be accepted into the engineering program and eventually pursued graduate school to study materials science and engineering.
Dylan could often be seen wearing his tan shorts, a gray tee-shirt and five-finger trail shoes no matter if it was summer, winter, rain, sun or snow. Dylan’s family said his go-to meal was pizza, but he still enjoyed cooking whenever he had the time. In his free time, Dylan played video games, rode his motorcycle and went camping.