Silver Taps: Meera Thomas

Meera+Thomas
Meera Thomas

Meera Marium Thomas is remembered by her family for her warm smile and selfless personality. Her friends recall her strong Christian faith and her passion for learning.
“She loved talking to everyone she encountered, as she was very sociable and friendly,” said Stephen Thomas, Meera Thomas’ father.
Meera Thomas’ family said she was very active at St. Mary’s Orthodox Church in her  hometown of Carrollton, Texas. Her father said she gave wonderful speeches and sang for the parish.
“She was a very faithful Christian,” Stephen Thomas said. “Meera loved to sing, and if given the choice, she would sing Christian songs for her family and friends.”
Stephen Thomas said Meera Thomas was also a devoted sister. Meera Thomas was 5 years old when her younger sister Merrin Thomas was born.
“Meera took care of Merrin from the beginning and always put herself second to her sister,” Stephen Thomas said. “This was a true testament to the kind of person Meera was. She cared so much for her loved ones, which is an attribute we will never forget of her.”
Meera Thomas was very focused on school from a young age, Stephen Thomas said. After graduating high school in 2013 with honors, Meera Thomas completed two years of prerequisite studies at the University of North Texas before she applied to four colleges. After being accepted to all four, she accepted the offer from the A&M College of Pharmacy.
“There was no one that could keep her away from her studies and her love for learning,” Stephen Thomas said.
Reshma Sebastian, a friend of Meera Thomas since childhood, said being an Aggie meant the world to Meera Thomas.
“She had her eye on A&M for the longest time, especially [because] she was obsessed with the color maroon and A&M’s color is maroon,” Sebastian said.
Sebastian said she considered Meera to be more of a sister than just a friend.
“She was the most selfless person I ever met and she taught me how to be selfless and loving,” Sebastian said. “She always put others before herself. Every decision she made was always in thought of others first.”