The meaning of Aggie Ring symbols

Front+Ring
Graphic By: Kelly Burroughs
Front Ring

Star

“Whether we are from Texas or not, there is a deep sense of pride in our state and in Aggieland. The star on the side of the Aggie Ring reminds us all of the appreciation we have for our great state and the Texans before us that shaped it.”

Josiah Bezet

Muster Committee Chair

Ribbon and Branches

“Personally, I like how the sides of the Aggie Ring promote unity. The oak and olive branches symbolize unity in order to accomplish leadership goals. Much like the the ribbon that connects those two branches, here at A&M, despite university growth and changes, we are all unified by our dedication to the Aggie spirit and A&M’s traditions.”

— Holly Rine

Traditions Council Chair

Shield

“The shield is a reminder that I constantly represent Texas A&M through my actions. I want to show the world what it means to be an Aggie and what it means to have the privilege of wearing an Aggie Ring.”

—Mark Lutz

Big Event Director

Eagle

“The eagle represents all Aggie’s strive for excellence, always working diligently to attain success. Aggies do so by keeping in mind our six core values: leadership, loyalty, respect, selfless service, excellence, and integrity. We consistently obtain excellence because of our strong work ethics and our ability to adhere to our core values and instill those within the other individuals around us.”

— Allyssa Michalke

Corps Commander

Cannon and Saber

“Although the cannon, saber and rifle symbolize the determination to defend our homeland, I believe it can be broadened to also symbolize an Aggie’s determination to defend what is right. As Aggies, we are presented with a set of core values and an honor code that challenge us to not only abide by them, but to also hold others accountable for them as well. It is our duty to defend our homeland as well as our values and honor against anyone who tries to challenge them.”

— Zach Rozinsky

MSC President

Class Year 

“Although simple, the class year is important to me because it is so much more than a number. It reminds me of the Aggie Ring’s consistency through time and shows loyalty to the Aggie Spirit for each year that the ring is worn.”

— Aaron Mitchell

Speaker of the Student Senate