Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

A&M student media earns spot in Poynter College Media Project

The Battalion is one of nine student media organizations selected by the Poynter Institute for their 2018-2019 College Media Project.
Established in 1975, Poynter is a major educational resource for journalists around the world, offering seminars, training sessions and online tools.
Poynter chose from 63 applicants for the College Media Project, making decisions based on each publication’s potential, need, commitment and diversity in student population. Now in its second year, the program will provide online seminars, in-newsroom training, funding and support to a larger number of universities as they pursue long-term news projects on their campuses.
“It’s not about delivering a one-time training,” College Media Project leader Elissa Yancey said in a statement. “It’s about planting the seeds for sustained growth and supporting student journalists who have few other places to turn. This project provides tools student journalists can use in both the short- and long-term to create better work and engage with their communities.”
The other eight participating schools are Bowdoin College, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical University, San Diego State University, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, St. John’s University, the University of Florida, the University of Michigan and the University of Utah. Program events will begin in November.