COVERAGE: Aggie Park Kickoff Concert

Photo by Samuel Falade

Thornton-McFerrin Coaching Academy representatives during the Aggie Park Kickoff Concert at Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

Aggie Park opened with the Aggie Park Kickoff Concert on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022. Performers included Robert Earl Keen, Julianna Rankin, Max Stalling and The Barn Dogs, a local student band.
A severe weather alert during the concert led to a rain delay, forcing visitors to find shelter. The show resumed after the delay.

• Visitors talk in the grass during the Aggie Park Kickoff Concert at Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• Visitors sit in lawn chairs during the Aggie Park Kickoff Concert at Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• A visitor records the Aggie Park Kickoff Concert at Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• The Barn Dogs, a Texas A&M student band, performs at the Aggie Park Kickoff Concert at Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• Event staff talk with visitors during the Aggie Park Kickoff Concert at Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• Visitors of the Aggie Park opening on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• Visitors walk through Aggie Park on opening day, Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• Visitors during the Aggie Park Kickoff Concert at Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• Visitors of the Aggie Park opening stand on a bridge above Bee Creek on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• A visitor to Aggie Park goes fishing in Bee Creek on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• Visitors sit beside a pond during the opening of Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• Visitors going to shelter in place in response to a rain delay announcement at Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.

• A participant shows his phone to another visitor after severe weather is announced during the Aggie Park Kickoff Concert at Aggie Park on Friday, Sep. 2, 2022.