Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

LaQuvionte Gonzalez to transfer from A&M

LaQuvionte Gonzalez, one of seven wide receivers signed to Texas A&M in 2013, notified the public via Twitter that he will transfer.
“Thank you to Texas A&M University Coaches & Fans for believing in me I Thank God For Giving Me the Opportunity To Play Here But I Have Decided To (TAKE MY TALENT ELSEWHERE),” he wrote in the tweet.
Gonzalez was a four-star player upon signing with A&M and was also rated as the No. 30 player at any position according to Rivals.com. In his first year as a true freshman for the Aggies, Gonzales recorded 21 receptions for 240 yards, ranking fifth on the team. However, in 2014 his stats dropped to a measly five receptions and 77 receiving yards.
It was reported by ‘247 Sports’ that Gonzalez had been passed up on the depth chart by true freshman, Christian Kirk.
With Gonzalez departing, 15 members of the highly-anticipated class of 2013 are no longer with the Aggies. Only two of the original seven receivers remain, Ricky Seals-Jones and Jeremy Tabuyo.