No. 18 Texas A&M defeats visiting Rice

Photo by C. Morgan Engel

Rice forward Alexah Chrisman, Senior forward Jasmine Lumpkin and Rice guard Wendy Knight contend for a rebound in the second half.

On Wednesday night, the No. 18 Texas A&M Aggies (6-1) faced off against the visiting Rice Owls (5-2) in what was a close game throughout. After the game was tied at 64 with six minutes left, the Aggies went on a 17-7 run to push the game out of the Owls’ reach. No. 18 Texas A&M will return to Reed Arena this Sunday night to play TCU.
Photos by C. Morgan Engel

• Fans sing the War Hymn before No. 18 Texas A&M tips off against visiting Rice University.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Senior guard Jasmine Lumpkin before tip-off against visiting Rice.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Junior forward Anriel Howard pulls up for the jumper. Howard finished the game with 23 points with 13 total rebounds and two assists.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Senior guard Jasmine Lumpkin played 33 minutes against Rice on Wednesday night.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Rice head coach Tina Langley is in her third season at Rice University,

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • The Aggie dance team performs during the second quarter of Wednesday night’s game against Rice.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Junior forward Anriel Howard and Rice forward Alexah Chrisman fight to get position.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Rice guard Erica Ogwumike finished the night with a game-high 26 points with six rebounds and five assists.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Head coach Gary Blair speaks with junior guard Danni Williams during the third quarter of Wednesday night’s game.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Rice guard Nicole Iademarco finished the game against the Aggies with 18 points with four assists and six turnovers.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Head coach Gary Blair coaches senior forward Jasmine Lumpkin during the third quarter.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Junior forward Anriel Howard played all 40 minutes against the Owls.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Senior center Khaalia Hillsman raises high to lay in ball in.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Junior guard Danni Williams floats the ball toward the rim for the basket.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Senior guard Jasmine Lumpkin and Rice guard Erica Ogwumike fight for the loose ball.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Members of the Texas A&M football team freshman Ikenna Okeke, redshirt freshman Nick Starkel, and sophomore Tyrel Dodson sing the War Hymn during the second half.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Rice guard Erica Ogwumike and freshman guard Chennedy Carter fight for the loose ball.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Freshman guard Chennedy Carter finished the game against the Owls with 17 points, seven assists and two steals

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Junior guard Danni Williams had 19 points with three assists Wednesday night.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Junior guard Dannie Williams shot 7-18 (3-10 3PT) from the field against Rice.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Junior forward Anriel Howard stretches around the defender to lay the ball in.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Freshman guard Chennedy Carter with senior center Khaalia Hillsman and junior guard Danni Williams during Wednesday night’s close game against visiting Rice.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Junior forward Anriel Howard dribbles the ball up the court during the final minutes of the game.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Head coaches Gary Blair and Tina Langley shake hands after the game.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel
  • Junior forward Anriel Howard sings the War Hymn after the game along with teammates and Aggie Dancers.

Photo by C. Morgan Engel