Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

No. 18 women’s golf struggles on the road at Clemson Invite

Photo by Provided by Aggie Athletics
Women’s golf wins SEC Championship

No. 18 Texas A&M Women’s Golf was in South Carolina this weekend competing in the Clemson Invitational. The Aggies struggled throughout the week and finished in 13th place, by far their lowest team finish of the season. No. 6 Florida State won the tournament by two shots with a final score of 10-under par.

The team faced some adversity after round one when freshman Courtney Dow withdrew from the tournament. This meant the Aggies were left with only four available golfers and no drop score. The reason for Dow’s early departure has not been disclosed.

Having finished first or second in every tournament this spring, junior Maddie Szeryk had one of her weaker showings of the season. It looked like she would have a strong week after firing a 1-under par 71 in the first round, putting her in a tie for 7th, however two over par rounds to finish her week dropped her into a tie for 29th with a total score of 4-over par. Szeryk was inside the top-10 in par 5 scoring for the week.

Bianca Fabrizio also finished at 4-over par for the tournament in a tie for 29th.  The senior fired an even par 72 on Sunday to jump up six spots on the leaderboard. Fabrizio took advantage of the par 5’s this week, scoring them at 5-under par, second best for the tournament.

Senior Andrea Jonama showed signs of bouncing back in the second round after a rough start to her tournament, however a 76 on Sunday left her with a final score of 10-over par in a tie for 56th. Thanya Pattamakijsakul also struggled this week, as two rounds in the 80s left the senior in a tie for 88th at tournament’s end.

The Aggies will try to turn things back around at the Brickyard Collegiate in Macon, Georgia on April 10-11, their last tune up before the SEC Championship.