Ring Dance Setup

Photo by Valerie Gunchick

Before the setup began, a large meeting was held in Bethancourt Ballroom to address which groups of people need to go where. 

• The Casablanca room had very bright decorations wheeled in on a cart.

Photo by Valerie Gunchick
  • Debatably more important than decorations, here a Ring Dance setup participant secures a staircase that lead to a raised platform.  

Photo by Valerie Gunchick
  • In the Casablanca room, there were many decisions to be made about how to fix the appearance of the elephants and where to place them. 

Photo by Valerie Gunchick
  • Setup participants were faced paced on Friday evening, before the 81st annual ring dance.  

Photo by Valerie Gunchick
  • Box upon box was brought into each ballroom to be unpacked and used to beautify the rooms. 

Photo by Valerie Gunchick
  • Strung paper mache swans were hung at the entrance of the multi-room 81st annual ring dance on Friday, April 30th.

Photo by Valerie Gunchick
  • Participants debated the best way to string and organize the paper mache swans before hanging them in the MSC for the 81st annual Ring Dance. 

Photo by Valerie Gunchick
  • Yellow lanterns were constructed by participants decorating for the Ring Dance on Friday, April 30th.  

Photo by Valerie Gunchick