TAMU Soccer vs. Rice 8.21.16

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun

8th ranked Texas A&M faced off against the Rice Owls Sunday night in front of a lively crowd.

• Texas A&M Yell Leaders Cooper CoxChris WilderJames PaceSpencer Old, and Ian Moss kept the crowd’s spirits high, in spite of a heavy downpour just prior to kickoff.

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #20 McKayla Paulson provided early momentum for the Aggies driving hard down field against Rice defenders.

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #12 Haley Pounds proved to be a key component of Texas A&M’s dominate 4-1 win against the Rice Owls

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #77 Mikaela Harvey played with fierce speed and unwavering nerve, the Rice defense struggled to keep her contained all game long

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #77 Mikaela Harvey continuing to show her athletic abilities as she takes advantage of an opening in the Rice defense

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • The Rice Owls managed to take an early 1-0 lead over the Aggies in the first half. However, it would be the only score by the Owls for the rest of the night.

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #21 Sarah Shaw makes a quick play on the ball to gain control of the flow of the game.

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • Making a quick decision #9 Grace Piper leaps for a headbutt as Rice defenders brace for the strike

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #24 Callyn Walton prepares to release the ball into play

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • Key freshman Haley Pounds, excelled in controlling the flow of the game and creating opportunities to score for not only herself but her teammates as well.

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • The Owl defense played more aggressively in the second half attempting to keep alive as the score grew to 4-1 in favor of the Aggies

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #12 Haley Pounds is rushed by her teammates #77 Mikaela Harvey, #9 Grace Piper, and #20 McKayla Paulson after scoring 

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #17 Cienna Arrieta celebrates after scoring the first goal of her freshman career

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #12 Haley Pounds subs out to an applause after her hat trick performance which solidified the Aggies’ 4-1 win over Rice

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • Freshman Haley Pounds answers questions about her dominate performance against Rice with poise, she will continue to be a go to player for the Aggies going into the future.

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun
  • #2 Emily Bates celebrates

The Aggies return to action on Ellis Field this Friday at 7:30PM for Fish Camp Night against the UCLA Bruins

Photo by Photo By: Brian Okosun