Wiener Fest 2017

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre

Wiener Fest is hosted by the Aggieland Humane Society and offers pet friendly fun for the community.

Wiener Fest is a community event hosted by the Aggieland Humane Society and has just held its 11th annual event.

• Judy LeUnes is the founder of Wiener Fest which she has helped run for 11 years.

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre
  • Races are not limited to just Dachshunds, there are also  “Wanna-be” races available for other breeds to compete in.

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre
  • One owner took their costume to another level, dressing their dog up as a Blue Poison Dart Frog.

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre
  • The bride and groom strut their stuff in the two dog costume contest.

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre
  • The superhero theme was definitely present at Wiener Fest. Robin even stopped by for a visit. 

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre
  • There was a clear winner in the owner-canine costume match up, especially for those that enjoy mustard on their hot dog.

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre
  • There were a number of food trucks at Wiener Fest such as Donut Darlin which was started by Taylor Laney, a junior Construction Science major.

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre
  • Wiener Fest has plenty of entertainment for kids such as face painting.

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre
  • Wiener Fest has become a staple in the community and helps benefit pets in need.

Photo by Photo By Cristian Aguirre