Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

A&M offers free COVID-19 vaccines to children under five

Photo by Photo by Abbey Santoro

The most recent Texas vaccination report shows one-third of Texans have taken the opportunity to get vaccinated against COVID-19 which has contributed to the lowest number of cases and hospitalizations across the state in over a year. 

Texas A&M will begin offering children over the age of six months free COVID-19 vaccines, according to an email from the university.

On Tuesday, June 21, the Texas A&M University System will begin administering vaccines to the youngest approved age group following the Centers for Disease Control, or CDC’s, recommendation announced on Sunday, June 19. The vaccine will be available starting Wednesday, June 22, at 1 p.m. at the Moore-Connally Building located at 301 Tarrow St.

“It’s now recommended by the Centers for Disease Control that everyone over 6 months old get the vaccine,” the email reads. “A parent or guardian must be present to administer the vaccine to a child.” 

The university received the vaccines on Tuesday, June 21, according to the email.

“The Texas Department of State Health Services and Texas Division of Emergency Management have received approval for the administration of COVID[-19] vaccines designed for pediatric use,” the email said. 

The email did not specify which of the approved vaccines, either Moderna or Pfizer BioNtech, the university would be administering at this time.