Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

At-home COVID-19 tests available to campus members Jan. 13

Photo by via Student Health Services
COVID-19 Brief Nov. 9

To help curb the spread of the omicron variant, Texas A&M is offering at-home COVID-19 tests to campus members.
In a Jan. 12 campus-wide email, A&M announced the at-home antigen tests, or BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card, will begin to be available to all students, faculty and staff on Thursday, Jan. 13. According to the email, each box includes two testing kits, and campus members can reserve up to one box on the online request site. Campus members can find video instructions on how to complete the test here.
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this article stated campus members could reserve up to two boxes. This has been updated to reflect new guidance from the university which was distributed on Jan. 13. 
“These easy-to-use tests will help identify positive COVID-19 infections while preserving in-person learning,” the email reads.
The tests can be picked up at one of four locations on campus starting Thursday, according to the email:
Kyle Field outside the northeast activation tower gate, Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Zachry Engineering Education Complex in the Virginia Brown Atrium, Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Wehner Building outside Room 113, Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A.P. Beutel Student Health Center, Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The 50,000 tests were given to the university by the Texas Division of Emergency Management, according to a Jan. 6 email from Chief Operating Officer Greg Hartman.
In addition to the at-home tests, A&M will continue to offer free PCR testing at several on-campus locations throughout the semester. Campus members can also receive COVID-19 vaccinations at several on-campus and off-campus locations.
“Testing is one of many risk-reduction measures — along with vaccination, masking and physical distancing — that protect you and others by reducing the chances of spreading SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19,” the email reads.