Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) shoots the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024 at Reed Arena.(Ishka Samant/The Battalion)
Projected Top 5 picks of the 2024 NBA Draft
Roman Arteaga, Sports Writer • June 25, 2024

In the 2024 NBA draft, there is an incredible amount of talent available for teams to pick. We have players from college basketball, G-League...

10 songs to spice up your Christmas playlist

Now that the we’ve all awoken from our turkey-induced slumbers, it’s time to turn on the Christmas music. However, that doesn’t mean you have to listen to those same old tunes that have been knocking around for centuries. Here are 10 songs you can use to break up the “Jingle Bells” and “Winter Wonderland” repetition.
1. “Last Christmas” – Wham!
First we have a song I honestly just included because I can’t make any kind of Christmas music list without including it. It’s “Last Christmas” by “Wham!” the group you may know best for “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.”
2. “Christmas in Hollis” – Run-DMC
Second on my list of songs sticks with     
         the throwback theme, but this time coming from another genre. Bringing the old school hip-hop sound with a somewhat surprising Christmas theme is Run-DMC with “Christmas in Hollis.”
3. ‘Ludacrismas’-Ludacris
Coming in at third is another hip-hop artist that may be somewhat of a shock to see on a Christmas music list. “Ludacris” keeps his gangster style with a backing track of bells in “Ludacrismas.”
4. ‘Christmas in Harlem’-Kanye West
With a call back to the number two spot we have the final hip-hop addition to the list. Even Kanye can’t resist smiling with the holiday spirit in his single, “Christmas in Harlem.”
5. ‘We wish you a merry Christmas (remix)’-Televisor
Halfway down the list we get a fairly strong genre change up with this EDM addition. “Televisor’s” remix of the classic ‘We wish you a merry Christmas’ brings new life into an old favorite.
6. ‘Happy Seasons’-Earth, Wind & Fire
Keeping with the upbeat grooves we have a new hit from a legendary group. “Happy Seasons” from “Earth, Wind & Fire’s” recent Holiday album combines the feeling of winter with the energy of funk.
7. ‘Oi to the World’-No Doubt
Up next is another very upbeat song, but with a very different sound. Though the ska sound of No Doubt may not bring thoughts of snowflakes and hot coco to your mind right away, ‘Oi to the World’ is a Christmas song none the less.
8. ‘Home for the Holidays’-Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler
This song may fit what you expect for a holiday song a more than the last did. “Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler’s” album This Is Christmas is full of great alternative holiday songs, but if I had to pick one it would be “Home for the Holidays.”
9. ‘The Winter Solstice’-Sufjan Stevens
With the same spirit and lightness this next song takes a slightly more experimental approach to holiday music. “Sufjan Stevens” also has a fantastic holiday album by the name of Songs for Christmas, but the one song that stands out to me is “The Winter Solstice.”
10. ‘Oh Holy Night’-Banjo or Freakout.
As we wrap up the list and fall into the void that is experimental music we come to the final song. Banjo or Freakout’s EP XA2010 consists of refashioned and modernized various holiday classics, my personal pick goes to “Oh Holy Night.”