6-0 Aggies have a huge battle ahead

Photo by Ethan Dias

Texas A&M players celebrating their 38-45 victory over Tennessee.

Nov. 11, 2012 is the day David took down Goliath in that Johnny Manziel led the Aggies into Tuscaloosa and defeated the Alabama Crimson Tide, 29-24. 
Since joining the SEC in 2012, the Aggies have gone 1-3 against Alabama, suffering one loss on the road and two at home. For the first time since joining the SEC and since No. 6 A&M is off to its best start in 22 years, the Aggies are set to play the No.1 Crimson Tide without a loss. 
That makes Saturday’s matchup that much bigger and one of the most important games in A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin’s tenure. 
Sumlin and the Aggies have the chance to break out of the 8-4 slump that has plagued the team in past seasons. With a win a Saturday, a lot of the past can be put by the wayside and will launch A&M into the College Football Playoff conversation.
On the flip side, Alabama can prove they are still the team to beat in college football and are a force to be reckoned with. A win on Saturday would put the Tide and Nick Saban another step closer to continuing the college football dynasty firmly established in Tuscaloosa — 09’, 11’ 12’ and last season over Clemson.
The winner of this game will have the chance to reign supreme in the SEC West and across the nation whether it be David or Goliath — Saturday couldn’t get here any faster.