A&M safeties must keep playing agressively

Photo by Photo by Lawrence Smelser
TAMU v. Tennessee

In order to contain the Alabama offense, A&M’s safeties must continue to play at a superb level. While the Crimson Tide relies heavily on its run game, Jalen Hurts and his receiving targets are efficient when going airborne.
Armani Watts, Justin Evans and Donovan Wilson are going to have their hands full with the Tide’s trio of Calvin Ridley, ArDarius Stewart and O.J. Howard. This may be the best receiving corps the Aggie secondary will face to date, but the talent level should not be a shell shock since they face top-notch receivers in practice. 
As seen in highlight clips, Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin has been spotted multiple times throwing his hands up to signal a touchdown while watching a long passing play develop.  
The A&M safeties cannot allow big plays such as those to happen, especially on play-action. Although Hurts is a true freshman, he has played with outstanding composure thus far and has thrown only two interceptions. 
With Myles Garrett and Daeshon Hall bound to put pressure on Hurts, it is key that the safeties play tight coverage, stay sharp in their assignments and be ball hawks to force Hurts to make some due rookie mistakes. 
On the flip side, the safeties must act as doorstops to counter the Alabama run offense and not allow any back to slip past them if they break through in open field. Alabama’s offense has 39 plays of 20-plus yards on the season. 
If the Aggies want a win, the safeties have to buckle-up and play lights out up top all night long.