Every end is a new beginning

PROVIDED

Connor Smith is a third-generation Aggie and has been attending football games his entire life.

I remember thinking after a particularly difficult day of napping and recess in elementary school that I couldn’t wait until the day I graduated college and could say I was done with going to school. 
Now looking graduation in the face, I catch myself wanting to put off ending my career as a student by enrolling in graduate school. Having been a student for 80 percent of my life, I’m not sure I know what it’s going to be like on the outside, and that scares me. 
It almost scares me as much as leaving home to go to college did four years ago. I speculated about my first day of college similarly to what I did for my last, but for a different reason. I was terrified of having to leave home and survive on my own as a child. I could hardly manage spending a week at summer camp without having an anxiety attack, how was I supposed to be on my own for four whole years? 
I’ll be the first to admit, my first few weeks as a college student I was terrified. I fell into a minor depression and became a introverted hermit who looked forward to Mondays because class gave him reason to leave his room. Eventually I branched out and made friends through organizations like The Battalion and the student radio station KANM. I got comfortable and found places where I could be myself.
I have a feeling my journey into the world of non-student adulthood is going to be something similar. I will be in an entirely new environment with entirely new people. I am going to have to make friends all over again. The only difference is this time I’ve been through this before. 
Thanks to A&M I am a much more educated and functional human overall. I mean, heck now I could probably go two whole weeks of summer camp without freaking out. 
Yes I am afraid of the change that is coming, but at the same time I can’t wait to see what it brings with it, and who I will become on the other.