General disrespect shown to Obama

In an article published by Rolling Stone magazine this week, Gen. Stanley McChrystal publicly criticized President Barrack Obama and other top U.S officials. Because of insubordination, Obama accepted McChrystal’s resignation and has replaced him with Gen. David H. Petraeus.
McChrystal had direct influence and control of forces as Commander of forces in Afghanistan; it was the right move for our commander in chief to replace the general. Not only did McChrystal disrespect a superior officer, but he also made those comments during war. While the U.S still has soldiers overseas fighting to protect our freedoms, no superior officer should degrade what our soldiers are working toward. Not only does it lower the morale of the men and women in uniform, his comments also divide the military at a time when it is vital for the country to stay unified.
Whether we agree or disagree with the president’s plan is not the issue; McChrystal owes the president his respect as the superior officer. We will never know why McChrystal made so many disrespectful comments in the presence of a journalist, however, McChrystal’s comments gave Obama no choice but to replace him. A cohesive and unified military leadership is best for the country and more importantly what is best for our soldiers.