Undefeated vs Bama: We’ve seen this before

Photo by File

No. 6 A&M will travel to Tuscaloosa Alabama to take on top ranked Crimson Tide in hopes to remain perfect in 2016.

A College Game Day top-10 matchup led A&M to a 2OT victory in College Station almost two weeks ago. The Aggies took a long nap and suddenly find themselves in the same situation. 
This Saturday presents the Aggies with an opportunity to not only improve their football program, but finally prove themselves as a championship team. I don’t want to jump on the hype train just yet because as exciting as it is to be 6-0, the Aggies were 5-0 the two previous seasons before finishing 8-5 in both cases. 
How can you be 6-0, 4-0 SEC and not be a championship team, you ask? Consistency. We’ve seen A&M here before — SEC, top-10, practically on top of the world. The Aggies just have not been level-headed in their last few seasons. 
Sure they can be great, but we can all admit we’ve seen some sides of A&M that we’d rather leave out of the highlight reel. Going up against an Alabama team that is so exceptional — consistently — it’s going to take a different level of A&M football to bring down the Crimson Tide.
The Aggies won’t last playing like they have in any game of 2016. I’m not saying it won’t happen — or that it will — I’m saying playing a perfect game, overcoming adversity and taking down Alabama will finally prove Texas A&M as Championship contenders. It will also set the bar down the road as it’ll be Aggie football we haven’t seen since the Heisman himself.