Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

Photo by Chris Swann

For the second time in three seasons, No. 3 national seed Texas A&M baseball will host the Bryan-College Station Regional, where it’ll be joined by Louisiana, Texas and Grambling, the NCAA Selection Committee announced Monday, May 27.

The Aggies earned an at-large bid with a record of 44-13 and a second-place finish in the SEC West standings after going 0-2 in the SEC Tournament. This is A&M’s 38th NCAA Tournament appearance and the 13th time the Maroon and White have hosted a regional.

Louisiana earned the No. 2 seed in the regional with a 40-18 record and an at-large bid out of the Sun Belt. The Ragin’ Cajuns went 0-2 in the Sun Belt Tournament.

Texas will be the regional No. 3 seed with a 35-22 record and an at-large bid out of the Big 12. A&M defeated Texas 9-2 in a midweek game in Austin earlier this season.

Grambling State rounds out the Bryan-College Station Regional with the No. 4 seed. The Tigers won the SWAC Tournament with a drama-filled ninth inning rally over Jackson State and received the conference’s auto-bid for their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2010.

Texas A&M opens play against Grambling State at noon on Friday, May 31. The winner of the regional will face the winner of the Santa Barbara Regional in the Super Regional round.