Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

First positive coronavirus case confirmed in Brazos County

Administration+Building
Administration Building

The Brazos County Health District (BHCD) has confirmed a positive case of COVID-19 in Brazos County. According to the BCHD, the patient diagnosed with the virus is a female in her 20s with no association to Texas A&M or Blinn College.
The Health District is currently working to investigate this case.
“The BCHD is coordinating efforts with the Texas Department of State Health Services to conduct contact investigations,” a press release stated. “At this time, close contacts will be contacted by health officials directly.”
At this time the immediate health risk to the general public remains low according to the BCHD.
According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas has 57 confirmed or presumptive cases of COVID-19. The Texas DSHS is posting the latest information, guidance for the public, and updating case counts daily here.
This is a developing story and will be updated with more information later.