76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Final game coming up for intramural coed basketball team Bestie Ballers

Photo by Emma Kiel, JOUR 359 contributor.

Bestie Ballers (maroon) played Zynny the Pooh on Sept. 25 in intramural coed basketball league play at the Student Rec Center.

After not having a game for almost a month, intramural coed competitive basketball teams Bestie Ballers and MAPs will be 0-2 going into the final game of the season on Monday, Oct. 23, at 9:45 p.m. on Student Rec Center Court 3.
Bestie Ballers captain and kinesiology senior Lauren Innis said she has no idea what the team’s chances are against MAPs season finale. The two teams have played different opponents during regular season play. All teams play different opponents in regular season play.
The Bestie Ballers have been practicing on their own time to get prepared for their last game as a team together, Innis said.
“I am definitely ready for this last game,” kinesiology junior Odi Fernandes said. “All we can do is give it our all and just see what happens.”
Innis said she is excited to play for the last game after sitting out all season due to a broken wrist in the preseason.
“I’m so ready to get out there and play,” Innis said. “It’s been too long, but I’ve been working out and playing a little, which probably wasn’t the best idea, to keep in shape.”
Emma Kiel is a recreation, park and tourism sciences junior and contributed this from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.