Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Sophomore DB Jacoby Mattews (2) and sophomore DB Sam McCall (16) attempt to stop LSU WR Malik Nabers during Texas A&Ms game against LSU on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023 at Tiger Stadium (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first round-graded pass catcher
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 22, 2024

As NFL defenses have found ways to stifle scoring opportunities and keep the lid on big plays, a bigger burden falls on the pass catchers for...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

Taylor, Radford earn preseason Coaches All-SEC honors

Photo by Ishika Samant

Senior G Tyrece Radford (23) during a game vs. Alabama on March 12, 2023 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Tennessee.

Texas A&M men’s basketball guards junior Wade Taylor IV and graduate Tyrece Radford each earned preseason Coaches All-SEC honors, the conference announced on Thursday, Nov. 2.
Taylor received a spot on the first team, while Radford was named to the second team. The two were the SEC’s top scoring guard duo last season, combining for 1,012 points on the year.
The honor is one of several for Taylor this season, as the Dallas native earned preseason SEC Player of the Year honors and was recently named to the NABC Player of the Year and Bob Cousy Award watch lists.
A&M was one of five teams with multiple selections, joining Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky and Tennessee.
The Aggies will open their season against Texas A&M-Commerce on Monday, Nov. 6, at Reed Arena at 7 p.m.