Junior P Emily Kennedy (11) pitches the ball during the Aggie softball teams Maroon & White game on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023 at Davis Diamond (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion).
A&M advances to Super Regionals with run-rule victory over Texas State

When Texas State softball senior RHP Jessica Mullins and Texas A&M junior LHP Emiley Kennedy each started Sunday’s Bryan-College Station...

A time for reflection, camaraderie

File

Muster is also a time for the 50 year class reunion.

Students and visitors will have a chance to engage in various Muster events before the Roll Call is read on April 21.

Each year, Campus Muster welcomes back the class celebrating its 50 year reunion.

David Pham, recreation, park and tourism sciences senior and Aggie Muster Committee external relations manager, said events are meant to not only honor the absent, but also celebrate them and those still present.

“They have days full of events, including campus bus tours, the Muster Camaraderie Barbecue, Muster Reflections Display, the ceremony and reminiscing with classmates,” Pham said.

On the day before Muster, April 20, there will be the Camaraderie Barbecue held on the Northeast Plaza of Kyle Field from 12:00 p.m. to  2:30 p.m., which is open to everyone to attend. In attendance are usually the 50th reunion class, current and former students, families of those being honored and anyone else interested. There will also be performances by groups such as the Fish Drill Team, Yell Leaders, the Femmatas and the Aggie Wranglers.

Blake Jones, Aggie Muster Camaraderie Barbecue coordinator and industrial distribution junior, said the Camaraderie Barbecue coincides with the 50th Class Reunion, which is the Class of 1968 this year.

“The barbecue will be a great opportunity to connect with this past generation of Aggies, eat great barbecue and enjoy time with fellow students before on-campus Muster the following day,” Jones said.

Tickets for the 2018 Camaraderie Barbecue are $10 and can be purchased at the MSC, Sbisa, Duncan, the Commons, Ag Cafe or on the day of at Kyle Field Plaza.

The Reflections Display is a living memorial of all of the Aggies on the roll call and the first real glimpse most people get into the lives behind those in the Muster Roll Call, according to Aggie Muster Reflections Display coordinators Martin Osorio, biomedical sciences senior, and Amy Burdette, international studies junior.

“The display is a collection of letters, pictures and other items of personal interest that help add a face to the names of those who will be called at this year’s on-campus Muster ceremony,” Burdette said. “In the past, many families have shared items ranging from Aggie Rings and memorabilia from organizations or activities they were involved with to a bowl of the honoree’s favorite candy. This year’s honored families range from World War II veterans to current students.”

The families of each honoree are is invited to setup a display in remembrance of their loved one. These displays are setup in the Flag Room of the Memorial Student Center for the entire week prior to and on April 21. Muster hosts will be stationed throughout the Flag Room to assist any visitors.