Junior P Emily Kennedy (11) winds up to pitch during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Took the Tide
Took the Tide
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Took the Tide
Kylie Stoner, Associate Sports Editor • April 15, 2024

After a close pitching battle in the beginning of the matchup, Texas A&M softball defeated 9-4 Alabama to take the series on Monday, April...

Visitors attend Homegrown at Northgate, an annual farmers and artisan market on Sunday, April 16, 2024. (Samuel Falade/The Battalion)
Homegrown brings food trucks, local vendors, live music to Northgate
Nadia Abusaid, Life & Arts Writer • April 15, 2024

A cool breeze flows on a Sunday as people listen to the strums of a guitar and smooth vocals. People stroll past stands and food trucks, stopping...

Guest contributor says students pose an unacceptable danger to local motorists. (Photo via Nile/Pixabay)
Letter to the editor: No-More-Student-Drivers
Trey Bass, Guest Contributor • April 15, 2024

Dear Editor,  I am writing to discuss the current state of our city and some glaring issues I have noticed being perpetrated on the innocent...

Silver Taps: William Harrison Hall

Provided

Provided

September 5, 2000 — May 1, 2023

“He has proven over and over to be of fine, responsible, and empathic character.”
Political science senior William Harrison Hall thought of Texas A&M as more than a college. To him, it was a way of life, his father, William Hall, said.
“I think that [A&M] embodied everything that he wanted to do,” William said. “He just wanted to be part of the whole [A&M] spirit.”
William said Harrison loved to hunt, fish and camp. He also spent his time helping and donating his time, especially during the winter.
“In his last two summers, he worked in Washington, D.C. for Congressman Sessions,” William said. “He started out as an unpaid intern and worked his way up to becoming a paid intern and almost to Congressman Sessions’ Chief of Staff, meaning Congressman Sessions was in one office and had an office right next to him. That was Harrison’s office.”
William watched C-SPAN often, where he saw Harrison and Congressmen Sessions working together during votes.
“When Harrison passed away, Congressman Sessions flew in and met with my wife and I,” William said. “They raised the flag [at the capitol] and they had a moment of silence just with his office. And then they folded up the flag and they sent [it] back to us. So he had a lot of impact, I think not only on Congressman Sessions but the people that work there.”
In a letter, Heidi Hall, Harrison’s sister, said he was a hard-working student, dedicated brother and reliable member of the community.
“I honestly cannot say how many times … Harrison has driven out in dangerous storms to offer his assistance,” Heidi said. “Countless times, with and without co-pilots. He goes out in dangerous conditions and clears roads of debris, blocks off flooded roadways until first-responders arrive, tows stuck cars to safety and drives strangers home.”
Harrison loved the outdoors and visiting national parks, where he would camp often.
“For him, camping was not just camping,” William said. “It was a way to visit all the different national parks around the United States.”
To the end, Harrison’s dedication to A&M was clear. In his junior and senior years, Harrison was a starting player on the front line of the football team.
“He loved the [A&M] traditions,” William said. “He loved being at [A&M]. He was a football player for a year.”
William said Harrison loved history, especially American history.
“Harrison is an exemplary member of our society, head and shoulders above the average American man,” Heidi wrote. “He is my brother, I love him, I am going to miss him every day, and the world is a better place because he was in it.”