Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Student groups lend hand with ‘Neighbors’ tour

Screaming fans, a flip cup tournament and a talent show with a star-studded panel of judges all made appearances Wednesday in a series of events before the pre-screening of the upcoming film “Neighbors.”
Actors Dave Franco, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Jerrod Carmichael fielded student questions in a question-and-answer session and judged “Texas A&M’s Got Talent!”, a talent show won by dance group Fade 2 Black.
Torri Clark, Fade 2 Black member and senior telecommunication media studies major, said she was excited to perform in front of well-known actors.
“I think it’s an amazing opportunity to showcase the young talents of our university to the young talents of Hollywood and have our fellow Aggies cheer us on from the audience,” Clark said.
The event filled Rudder Theatre and some hopeful attendees were turned away.
“I’ve been doing my assigned job, but this has drawn out a large crowd, mostly of enthusiastic girls,” said Lilly McAlister, Class of 2013 and security guard for the event. “However, everyone’s been reasonably understanding and respectful and good Aggies.”
Jenna Kassul, senior telecommunication and media studies major and CampusU representative for A&M, said students have been emailing in and lining up for tickets to the screening of the film for the past two weeks.
The Aggie Screenwriting, Acting and Movie Production Club assisted Kassul in screening the movie.
Martin Hinojosa, member of Aggie SWAMP club and educational technology graduate student, said he hopes A&M continues to be seen as a destination for such film promotional tours.
“I can hope that other studios will take note of this growing population of moviegoers,” Hinojosa said.